What does it feel like to be hypnotized & will I be out of control?
Hypnosis feels different ways to different people. Do you know the feeling of waking up or falling asleep, that in between state, you know what’s going on, but you’re so relaxed, you don’t really want to engage with the outside world? That’s what hypnosis is like. You will probably hear everything being said, but, will feel very relaxed & comfortable. You are in complete control. It is about going inward & having more control over yourself.
Most clients aren’t sure they have really been hypnotized!
We go in & out of trance all the time… have you ever been driving & suddenly you arrived at your destination unsure of how you got there? You don’t remember driving. That is a driving trance.
Trusting the person doing the hypnotizing is important. If you feel uneasy with the practitioner, trust your instincts. A Hypnotist should be able to show that they are certified by a governing body. The rules vary from state to state.
You will be helped to relax into that dreamy state & given suggestions about the change you want to make. There may be interaction between you & the practitioner while in this dreamy place.
Your unconscious is always paying attention! Be careful what you say to yourself!
What kind of issues are most helped with Hypnosis?
Hypnosis has become a first level modality rather than something one uses after all else fails. Many physicians are now recognizing the power of the mind in healing.
We work with many different kinds of issues including but not limited to stress, fears, phobias, relationship break-ups, any condition which the medical community has been unable to help, confidence, procrastination, weight management, smoking cessation & many more.
We are always happy to have a conversation with you in our free 15 minute phone consultation!
What is the cost?
Change is a process not an event…
While change can & often does happen quickly, it can take more than one session to really replace the patterns you have developed.
1- 5 sessions is usually a good number of sessions to plan on, depending on the nature & severity of the problem. The first session is Approximately 2 hours long. After that, the sessions last about 45 – 70 minutes.
Pricing structure is as follows, unless it is a smoking cessation.
First session $235.00 then $140.00 thereafter or $450.00 for a 3 session package & $130.00 thereafter.
Don’t let finances be a reason for staying stuck. Ask us about a sliding scale fee to see if you qualify.
Do you do couples counseling?
I don’t do couples counseling. I’m not a talk therapist, but I can recommend a good one. I can help you fix yourself, but not your spouse unless he comes in as a client.
A person seeking hypnosis for a problem must want to move past the issue. You can’t schedule an appointment for your son who drinks too much unless he wants the help & then he should really reach out to me.
What if I am not sure I can talk about my problem with you?
If you are unable or unwilling to talk about the problem, it’s okay. We can still work together. Your unconscious mind knows how to solve the problem without words. I would just need to know what it is you want to be able to do or to be able to stop doing and how you would prefer to feel instead.
Can you help me remember a specific memory?
If you ask me to help you remember a specific memory, I’m going to ask why you want to remember it. If it’s to move past it & feel lighter, happier, and able to move on with life… I’m your person
If you want to remember a specific memory so you’ll know what happened, I’ll probably guide you in another direction. Memory doesn’t work like that!
It’s not stored in one place in your brain waiting to be pulled up into the light. It’s more complicated than that. I’m happy to explain more about it on a phone call.
Can you cure my disease?
I can’t cure diseases, however, hypnosis can help alleviate symptoms and help you feel more peace and calm in your life.
- Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness, like meditation, in which you connect with your subconscious mind.
- Hypnosis is a natural experience that happens to most of us each day, when we become absorbed in something like driving, day-dreaming, reading, rhythmic exercising or watching a “screen” of any kind.
- The subconscious mind is the control center for the mind/body connection and regularly sends messages (habits) to the conscious mind, telling it what to do.
- As you enter into hypnosis, you bypass the conscious mind and access information in the subconscious mind.
- All your senses are awake and alert while you are in hypnosis.
- You only say or do in hypnosis what you normally say or do in the conscious state.
- You can return to full consciousness anytime you either want to or feel the need to.
- In hypnosis, your subconscious mind is usually very willing to respond to questions and help you resolve habits and issues.
- The use of hypnosis gives you the opportunity to make changes that last.
- Hypnosis does not involve mind control, magic, unconsciousness or sleep.
- You cannot be made to enter hypnosis against your will.
Are you ready for change
Schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation today.